s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Why Must Everything Be So Hard??

One of these days I'm actually going to update about the fabulously wonderful things in my life (like G and my two sweet babies) but I am not in a bragging about that sort of thing mood right now. Instead I'm just frustrated and peeved off. I need a break. I don't mean from life or my family, I mean in general. I need to catch a break like nobodies business.

I can't get a call back for a job. I can't even get cruddy, part-time jobs to call me back. I don't care if I seem overqualified I just need a PT job for goodness sake. Seriously, I will take $7-$8/hr to make up the difference with my other PT job okay?? Really, I'm not that great anyway, I got fired from my last job as it is.

I can't seem to get any financial aid even though we're broke and I got fired in February. Apparently two kids and no money still equals able to pay for freaking college. Whatever.

I can't even seem to catch a break on my books! The campus I go to has a very strict policy about not giving ISBN numbers out over the phone because they want to make sure you're getting the right book when you come in to purchase it. NOT!! They just want you to have to purchase their $126.00 crazy expensive book, that's all. If they cared about making sure their students got the right book they would list the ISBN number so I could look it up online for a used book. That would make all the difference in the world.

One of these days there will be a happy post around here. Until then, thank you all for sticking around and if you have any tips on paying for college or ways to make extra money (without me having to shake my booty for it) they would be very much appreciated.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, that sounds pretty tough! I'm sure you've got a lot of great things in your life right now, but it's so hard when the crappy stuff keeps rearing its ugly head.

Hang in there!
D

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will get better financial aid next year. All financial aid is based on your 2008 income when you had two f/t incomes. Look for better financial aid prospects next year.

Good luck! And what a crap thing about the book situation. PITA!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Safire said...

Do they make you shop in your book store? Can you go there and get your books get the # off of the book that way? It's not just on the back cover...it's on the copyright page in the front. Try that.

And good luck!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Wait Another Year said...

I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat. I have not been able to get any interviews after looking for a job for months. I guess there's just so many people out there competing with me. And with hubby's job slowing down to almost nothing, we're struggling so hard financially (neither one of us gets unemployment).

I hope something comes along for you soon! I can totally understand how hard it is trying to raise two children on a tight budget. I'll keep you in my prayers too!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home