s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, November 10, 2006

What is Wrong With Grey’s Anatomy??

I’ll say this first – I am a HUGE Grey’s Anatomy fan and I hate to talk badly about them but it must be said.

Okay, so Meredith and McDreamy are back together. I’m all mchappy and stuff but could this week’s episode have been any more disjointed? There were men camping and a sex change operation and Christina digging through poop but the most compelling and heart wrenching story line just seemed like an after though. The story line about Addison and the expecting parents could have been an entire episode all on its’ own. It was a total of about 7 minutes involving a mother who was told her baby had died and now she had to deliver it. Holy crap – what is wrong with these people? How could they make such an important event into such a short time period? They didn’t even show the grieving parents for longer than about 30 seconds. I am so disappointed in them this week. A little more compassion and sensitivity would be nice. I know I’ve never personally gone through this but I know women that have (real life and in the blogging world).

Again, just some thought and compassion about it would have gone a long way.

3 Comments:

Blogger Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

That was so awful. Even my husband said, "That makes me want to cry." Of course, I imagine we may feel a bit more connected to the whole storyline since we're expecting. And why couldn't they just perform a c-section? Making that poor woman deliver a stillborn after that—heart wrenching.

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, thought it was disjointed and poorly played out. But I am glad any time I see a show even attempt to tackle the subject.

And pixie, alas, delivering a stillborn is really the best and only option, unless delivery somehow jeapordizes the mother's health. They won't perform a c-section (which is still major, invasive surgery) unless there is some medical reason to do so. It is gut-wrenching to have to deliver a dead child. But it's reality. I wish they'd shown more.

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops. didn't leave my blog site.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home