s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, November 04, 2011

Overdue Addendum

Way back in June I updated about my life and the fact that I was accepted into the Licensed Practical Nursing program at my local college (which by the way, is HARD to do). If you don't remember the details you are welcome to check it out here: http://brandysjourney.blogspot.com/2011/06/good-and-bad.html So, I started school in mid-August on a Monday. By Tuesday it was quite obvious to me that they had made a mistake and I never should have gotten into the LPN program. I should have been accepted into the Associate of Science in Nursing program, which would allow me to sit for the testing to become an RN, and is a MUCH harder program to get in to. After two days of standing up for myself, pretty much demanding my score be refigured, and finally apologies from the Dean of Nursing I was moved into the Associate of Science in Nursing program. I no longer have a graduation date in mind of May 2014 but rather should be done (assuming I pass all classes the first time through!!) in May of 2013. That's an entire year of my life. That's one heck of an addendum. So that's also one of the reasons I have been MIA. Nursing school is kicking my rear and I'm still working full-time. That will change soon but that's a story for another day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Good luck! My mom got her Associates in Nursing when I was in 6th grade. She worked so hard and I am still so proud of her for doing it.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Ls angels said...

Cool! it's the beginning of great work!!! My mom is also nurse, and it is hard job if there are a lot of people in the hospital.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home