s

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where Were You?

I was sitting in my office on a gorgeous late summer morning. I was drinking coffee and getting started for the day. Everything was normal, nothing special or out of the ordinary. Until my co-worker, who came in later than I did, walked in and said he heard on the radio that a small plane hit the World Trade Center. We discussed what a crazy thing that was and didn't understand how in the world it could happen. Well, that is, until the news that another plane had hit. That's when things changed. We called family members, G called me, to make sure we were okay, unbelieving of what was happening to our country. We went 3 floors down to a TV and watched with others, the strength of our collective group more than the strength we had apart. We watched in shock and horror as the two towers, symbols of something that could never be destroyed, somehow fell, one and then the other. We prayed, hoped, cried, and our hearts were truly broken for the lives lost on that day. It has been 10 years but I remember it like it was yesterday.

As I have watched the coverage remembering 09/11 these last couple of weeks I have done so with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. I have not forgotten, nor will I ever, the lives that were lost, the heroes that were made, and the absolute goodness that came forth in the days following this tragedy. The people that never came home and those that had to continue their lives without them will always be in my heart.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's your joke:::
Military pilot who had sex with an 11 year old boy when he was 17!!!
A JUNIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL WHO HAD SEX WITH AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL STUDENT!!! He needs to be on a sexual preditor list.
How long did he masterbate and think about having sex with boys? In boot camp? Into his flight training? 20, 25 YEARS OLD??? OLDER???
"Creepy rotten grape attached to an otherwise normal bunch." Joke's on you.

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home